Are you looking for a planner and trying to save money at the same time? Try making your own!
The New Year is peeking its head around the corner and with a new year comes new goals, outlooks, and mindsets. For 2016 I wanted to get more organized and decided to look into getting a planner. All of the ones I saw were either too expensive or just wasn’t what I was looking for.
I wanted my planner to be personalized to my liking so I decided to make my own. I made Pinterest and Google my best friend on finding out what I needed to start and to look up a few ideas. Once I had my mind made up I made a trip to Five Below, the Dollar Store, and A.C. Moore. My purchases consisted of:
- Paper Clips: $1
- 2 packs of Binder Clips: $1 each.
- Posted Notes: $1
- 2 packs of Colored/Glittered Paper: $1 each.
- Gel Pens: $1
- Sketch Book: $5.99
- 3 rolls of Glitter Tape: $1.99 each.
- Glitter Board (for cover): $0.99
- Glue Roller: $4.99
- Note Pad: $1.00
Total: $20.55, Grand Total: $28.02
I made out pretty good with supplies and the totals include taxes. Everything else that’s in my planner were printable that I found on Pinterest or google. Take a look at my DIY planner ideas board for printable’s and other ideas. There’s also a more detailed explanation on what I did and the supplies I used in this video below. As far as sections that you can include in your planner here’s some ideas:
- Monthly Focus, Monthly Reflection, Monthly Budget Goals/Plan, Daily Expenses, Things to Do, Blog Calendar/Focus for each month, Inspiration (can include pictures and quotes you come across), Finances, a section for Notes, Diet & Exercise, Travel Planning, Housekeeping, etc. The list can go on and on but it will all come down to what you want to focus on and have organized in the New Year.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Happy Planning! Find out what works for you.
I’d love to know what your sections are and what you’re including in your planner this year.
Thanks for reading, Be Blessed & Stay Humble.