Today marks my 22nd birthday and with both of my books “Finding YOUrself: The Road to Self-Love and Recovery” & “Heartbreaks and Heartaches” due to come out this month, it’s only right I stick with the theme.
Loving yourself can sometimes be a hard task, and it’s not always about your outer appearance but it’s everything. The way you carry yourself, the decisions you make, they all tie in to the love you pour into yourself. When you’ve dealt with losing yourself you work twice as hard to make sure it won’t happen again. Never depend on anyway for your happiness. Uplift yourself everyday, here’s how…
- Start your day with self-love: Exhale the negativity, inhale love.
- Let it go: Stop beating yourself up over things you can’t control.
- Practice self-care: Take some time for yourself, do things you love and enjoy. Meditate, connect to your inner self.
- Forgive yourself: Don’t hold any grudges towards yourself regarding your past, decisions you made, etc.
- Set boundaries: Draw your lines in permanent marker, not chalk, that way you won’t be tempted to alter it for anybody. When you give people the power to cross lines that they shouldn’t, they take advantage.
- Give yourself credit: Be proud of you, relish in the beauty of your accomplishments.
- Be true to yourself: Do what feels right, follow your heart, don’t let anyone get in the way of your goals and dreams. You can follow advice but you are responsible for your own happiness.
- Self-reflect: Reflect on your day daily, it’ll help you feel soooo much better about things.
- Do something nice for yourself: Take yourself out, buy something you’ve always wanted, go see a movie.
- Allow yourself to be content: If you aren’t happy, find a way to become happy. When you become content with life, everything flows better.
- Allow yourself to feel: Don’t fight what you feel because when you fight your heart you conflict your mind, and then problems arise. And we don’t want or need any problems.
- Remind yourself there is only one you: You can’t be duplicated, use that to your advantage.
- Surround yourself with uplifting and positive people: Who you hang with is a reflection of you, if your circle can’t support or uplift you, why are you with them?
- Treat your body right: Work out, drink water, exfoliate, be good to your body and your body will be good to you.
- Step out of your comfort zone: Don’t limit yourself. Limiting yourself is only hindering your growth.
- Stop comparing yourself to others: We have a habit of comparing our lives to other people. Your journey may be similar but it is/will not be the same as anyone else’s. Take one step at a time and be content with those steps.
- Get rid of those negative thoughts: Train your mind! Positive mind, positive life. Fight the negativity.
- Set intentions: When you wake up set an intention for the day. What do you want to achieve?
- Be grateful: Don’t take anything for granted. Be thankful for your life and the things you have. Gratitude can change your life.
- Have fun: Set some time aside to have fun, everything doesn’t have to be all work and no play.
- Love, love: Spread light and love all around you. Be kind, treat people how you want to be treated.
- Accept what you cannot change: Accept that people won’t like you, people won’t want to be with you, and that sometimes you simply can’t change things.
Today, I challenge you to work harder at loving yourself. Give yourself positive affirmations and choose happiness always.
Thanks for reading, Be Blessed & Stay Humble.
Looking for motivation or a way to motivate, or maybe you just need some advice. Whatever the case may be, join my Positive Motivators GroupMe and let’s make a change. Sometimes we all need a “pick me up” (Download the app, or shoot me your email or number and I’ll add you)
P.S. We hit 12k views on the blog last month, thanks for the continuous support. Check out my YouTube channel if you have the time.