Happy Wellness Wednesday and welcome back to the blog! As Winter season comes to an end it may not feel that way outside. With the first day of Spring just six days away I’ve been thinking of some ways to get back into an upbeat mood while focusing on wellness. The cold season can bring more down moods and depression but brighter days are ahead! Our health and mental wellness should always be our top priority but sometimes it gets placed on the back burner for things we find more important whether its work, daily life, etc.
Although there may still be snow on the ground in some places, spring time energy starts blossoming when March rolls around. With energies picking up spring is a time and opportunity for growth, expansion, and transformation. Nature is waking up from winter dormancy, it’s time for you to do the same. These springtime health tips will help you tune into the season so you can rise to your fullest potential.
- Stay hydrated– First and foremost, listen to your body. Your body will tell you what you need, tune in. If you’re feeling extra tired, get some rest, drink some water, stay hydrated. Do what you need to do to feel 100%.
- Renew your resolutions – Remember those New Year resolutions you made? How are you doing with those goals? Many resolutions involve making or breaking habits. Most of these resolutions fail because we don’t always have the energy to get things moving during the cold season. Partner that with lack of strategy and willpower and we have nothing getting done. Revisit those resolutions now and see if spring time proves to be a better time to start hashing out your resolutions and goals.
- Get in a springtime mood – Brighter days, the sun stays out longer, cast out those negative thoughts you may have that robs you of your energy and embrace the positive.
- Spring clean your house – Did you know that clutter can affect your health too? Disorganization makes it difficult to find items you need and can contribute to your frustration.
- Start carrying a water bottle with you – It’s a lot easier to stay hydrated when you have the water right next to you.
- Look for a new healthy recipe, and then actually make it! How many times do you pin a new recipe on pinterest but don’t actually cook it? How many times do we all say we’re going to start eating better and then continue to eat the same?
- Challenge your brain – read a new book, do Sudoku, complete a crossword puzzle, or try your hand at a logic puzzle.
- Love & Connect – It’s true that Valentine’s Day is long gone, but our focus on love, whether self-love or love for others, shouldn’t be.
- Exercise – Walking, yoga, you name it, It helps clear the mind and body. Getting out and taking a walk as you talk, or going for a run can make a huge difference in your day. When you exercise you release endorphins, and that also helps to promote creativity.
- Renew Relationships – Get out and enjoy the spring weather with your friends and family. Research has shown that good, strong relationships benefit your overall health and happiness.
All of these are essentially self-care techniques. Taking care of yourself through all seasons is very important but just in case you aren’t feeling 100% there, hopefully the spring can bring some cheer and newfound motivation.
How are you springing into spring with renewed energy and vitality? Do you find something else helpful? If so, share it with me and let me know. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Aside from the latest blog post that are waiting to be read, I have published my third book! If you’ve kept up with the blog then you’ve probably read the snippets. They are no longer available but the feedback has been nothing but good. The Key To My Brother’s Heart – Kennedy’s Reign is now available in electronic and paperback editions. It’s available electronically on Barnes & Noble and Amazon Kindle as well as paperback on Amazon.
Be sure to subscribe to the blogs monthly newsletter!
Thanks for reading, Be Blessed & Stay Humble. As always Choose You Always!
Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions below.